Friday, March 14, 2008

Random Recipes - Arroz Con Pollo


For more recipes visit Pam over at Random Thoughts!

This week's random recipes are all Tex Mex food. My favorite!! I make a lot of spicy meals, but the thing is I make it up as I go. I throw in a little of this and a little of that until it tastes just right. This recipe is one of my favorite! I hope you all like it!


1lb Chicken tenders

1 bag of brown rice

2 (15oz) cans of Rotel tomatoes

1 green bell pepper, diced

1 red bell pepper, diced

1 onion, diced

Zucchini (optional)

Squash (optional)

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Garlic Powder

Chili Powder

Queso Cheese


In a deep pan pour enough extra virgin oil oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Saute chicken tenders seasoned with garlic powder until just about done. Add chili powder (enough to cover all of the chicken) then add red peppers, green peppers, onion, squash and zucchini, saute with chicken until tender. Add tomatoes, then add the uncooked rice and let the entire pot stew over medium heat. Cook until rice is done. You may need to add more crushed or diced tomatoes because rice will absorb fluid. If you want it spicier, add more chili powder and/or black pepper. You can also use jalapeno peppers to add real zest.


I buy the Velveeta or Kroger brand of Mexican cheese. I melt the cheese in the microwave with a little milk while I am cooking the chicken & rice. Once the chicken & rice is done, pour the melted cheese over all of it.


2 comments:

Pam said...

I am going to need to give this one a try. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun. I hope you will join the pizza edition too!

Unknown said...

Yum!! This sounds great! Thanks for sharing!