3 pounds extra large shrimp, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
2/3 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 dashes salt
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2/3 cup egg whites
1 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper and salt.
- In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey for about 30-45 seconds. Add lime juice to honey and stir.
- Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
- Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
- Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
- Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter cooking spray.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.