Thursday, April 24, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday - Fajita Stew

It's Slow Cooker Thursday again! Please stop by Sandra's blog Diary of a Stay at Home Mom to check out all the other participants recipes!

I love cooking in my slow cooker. I like no brainer throw it all in the pot recipes! I like coming home from work at 6 or 6:30 and smelling the food already done. All I have to do then is set the table... Simple, Easy! Luv it! Today's recipe comes from my love of Mexican food. I am always up for spicy food.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 lbs boneless beef top round steak
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
14 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 oz envelope of fajita seasoning mix
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup water

Preparation:
Trim excess fat from beef and cut into 2" pieces. Combine with onion in a 3-4 quart slow cooker. Mix together fajita seasoning mix and undrained tomatoes and pour over beef. Place peppers on top. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 7-9 hours until beef is tender. Combine flour with water in a small bowl and stir well to mix. Add gradually to crockpot and stir well. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve stew with hot cooked rice or hot couscous. 8 servings

Don't forget to check out my personal blog.

4 comments:

Mom24 said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the idea.

Kim said...

Isn't it the best to come home to wonderful smells? The kids get all excited to eat. This sounds great. Thanks.

Kim

Stephanie ODea said...

krista, this sounds amazing. I have a packet of that fajita seasoning in the cubbard and didn't know what to do with it. Thank you for posting it, I've bookmarked the page.

--steph

Sandra said...

YUM, this sounds good