1 (10.25 oz) package brownie mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons cold water
1 (14oz) package individually wrapped caramels
1 (5oz) can evaporated milk
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup chocolate fudge topping
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan
3. In a small bowl, mix together brownie mix, 1 egg, oil, and water. Spread into the prepared pan.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes
5. Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Stir often and heat until mixture has a smooth consistency. Reserve 1/3 cup of this caramel mixture and pour the remainder over the warm, baked brownie crust.
6. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
7. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
8. Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel mixture.
9. Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes.
10. Chill in pan. When cake is thoroughly chilled, loosen by running a knife around the edge and remove the rim of the pan.
11. Heat reserved caramel mixture. Then take caramel and chocolate topping and drizzle over cheesecake to make a lattice pattern.
Yield 12 servings.